Friday, August 24, 2007

Junxion_Box

I'm willing to come clean with you, I have nothing to hide. The fact of the matter is that I have nothing to say that would seem even remotely shocking to pretty much anybody that I know.

I wear a scarlet "O." I'm a night owl, and in no way at any time have I ever insinuated otherwise. I'm a predator of late-night goings-on such as blog reading, Super Mario Brothers 1-3, and Super Metroid. I like to watch reruns of Monk, Buffy, Angel, Alias and Friends, though for me they are new-runs. I troll Craigslist and eBay. I sup from Wikipedia's bottomless vat of goofy trivia, history, and other odd (yet useful) information; I'd take it intra-venously if I could. I dabble in tech blogs, news or the occasional finance or investing article. I lament my online bank statement - therein is proof positive of my lack of worth. I will usually have my dinner sometime between the hours of 9:00pm and 10:30pm.

My cats get their second wind with me, though for how lazy they are it is likely the start of their day too.

And I like it that way. Every bit of it. For some reason, I am built such that I am completely non-functional in the mornings, and by morning I mean before 10. Yeah, Meagan, Mamie and Wayne (and now even Britney) go on and on about how "everything will change" when I have kids and I'm "headed for a huge surprise." Well, Meagan, Mamie, Wayne and Britney, surprise. I don't have kids yet. I'll sleep in every minute I can.

Which is why I'm pleased that I have found a more or less viable alternative to the Sounder train that leaves at 7:30 every morning. Painful. Hurts thinking about it. There are several express busses that leave from another station a few miles down the road, the last of which (that I've found so far) is at 8:47. Hey - that is a full hour. Another 77 minutes of blissful sleep.

In fact, the bus is so cool that I'm posting this blog on the bus right now. My wireless network is called "Junxion_Box."

I love you, Junxion_Box, and the extra 77 minutes of sleep you represent, as well as the network access dorks like me have group therapy about. May you live healthy and strong.

3 comments:

Norm said...

dude.. not sure if you are the guy. But thanks for the access on the sounder train. :)

Spencer said...

Come to our house for Christmas Wendel. We miss you. Esther Dodge

Mamie Coffey said...

dude, this is like a year old! what's the haps?!